Thermal Management Engineer
Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceGroup Mobilitykkrmm
This position is open to 24-month group mobility
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company, designing, manufacturing and operating competitive and sustainable solutions for space mobility. We are driven by the belief that access to space is a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth, addressing the challenges faced by humanity: climate, resources, connectivity, and data. Our aim is to successfully design and test a cost-effective and reusable mini-launch vehicle by 2026.
Thermal management engineer
Inside MaiaSpace development teams you will join the team that elaborates and optimize trajectory for our launch vehicle in 3dof and 6dof, define the GNC algorithms, elaborate the environment loads along the trajectory for the other development teams, lead the fairing and interstage products design, test and AIT.
Within your multidisciplinary team you will lead Thermal analyses from the engine bay internal cavities to the upper part coupled analysis with payloads, from tool development to simulation campaigns, up to stages test and missions analysis with end customers for the complete life cycle of the launcher.
In this perimeter your responsibilities will include:
- Construct the thermal analysis roadmap in coordination with Avionics and Stages teams.
- Develop a first analysis tool based on simplified mathematical models in order to kickstart the studies internally.
- Lead the thermal environment problematic in coordination with the Avionic and stages team,
- Develop a coupled thermal response tool on launcher elements and upper part to verify the equipment and payload compatibilities with the design.
- Participate to the launcher definition technical trade-offs and elaborate technical justification on Thermal aspects.
- Participate to the measurement plan on system tests.
- Participate to upper part definition and needs for Payload comfort subjects on ground and in flight (Thermal and multi environment aspects).
- Contribute to mission preparation process.
- A knowledge of thermal products (isolation, heaters, regulators, etc ) would be a plus
- Proficiency in thermal specific tools (SAMSEF, ESATAN-TMS, …) as well as programming languages (C/C++, Python, Java, Xml, ...).
- Good level of English
- Team spirit, sharing and solidarity
- Curiosity, Adaptation
- Rigor and precision
- Generalist engineer, specialization in Navigation.
- Level : 3-5 years experience in Navigation
🎬 Working at MaiaSpace
You will be joining a friendly multi-disciplinary team, comprised of multi-skilled people, following Agile and Scrum methodologies. This means that your role and responsibility may evolve over time with varied assignments and challenges depending on priorities and competences. Your work will be hands-on and in close contact with the final product. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and people centric. Teamwork is at the heart of how we work together and our co-workers share the same fundamental values: respect, humility, reactivity and autonomy with a passion for technical excellence. Our newly acquired office space at La Defense is located within the heart of Europe’s largest purpose built business and commercial district with easy access to public transport.
Written and spoken communication is in French and English.