Propulsion Senior Engineer
Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceGroup Mobilityf49gm
This position is open to a 6 month internal mobility
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company, designing, manufacturing and operating competitive and sustainable solutions for space mobility. We are driven by the belief that access to space is a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth, addressing the challenges faced by humanity: climate, resources, connectivity, and data. Our aim is to successfully design and test a cost-effective and reusable mini-launch vehicle by 2026.
Propulsion Senior Engineer
We are looking for a senior propulsion engineer to join one of our agile multi-disciplinary teams in charge of the development of MaiaSpace Colibri orbital vehicle. Colibri orbital vehicle has different roles. It will first play a kickstage role enhancing MaiaSpace performance and injection flexibility. Then, in midterm horizon, additional functionalities will be added to the vehicle to address in orbit services opportunities from which active debris removal is one of our main targets. This vehicle is at the crossroad between a launcher and a satellite.
In 2024, the main objectives are to design and to carry out a demonstrator as representative as possible of the Colibri system, while going on with trade-offs on technological solutions and concepts for the future Colibri propulsion architecture, which is expected to fly in 2026.
As part of the Colibri team and as part of the development of the propulsion sub-system, your main missions and responsibilities will consist of participation as support or expert in activities at equipment, sub-system or architecture level, depending on needs and priorities:
- Specification and preliminary design of the main propulsion subsystem,
- Specification and preliminary design of the ACS (Attitude Control System),
- Propulsion equipment specification and design (tanks, motors, valve, sensor and fluidic propulsion system piping),
- Definition and modeling of propulsion subsystem architecture,
- Participation in propulsion system budgets (propellant management, power budget, etc.).
- Participation in analysis and definition of "make or buy" strategy and supplier management,
- Support for propulsion test campaigns,
- Preliminary design of propulsion solutions for IOS kick-stage versions.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience and skills:
- Aeronautics & Space engineering degree (+5 years post-Baccalaureate) ideally specialized in propulsion design with at least 10 years of experience.
- Modeling and simulation tools such as Fluent, Ecosim, Simulink or equivalent,
- Ability to work as part of a team and flexibly with regard to a start-up environment.
- Autonomy, rigor, good interpersonal and communication skills, proactive problem-solving attitude,
- Ability to work quickly, be "solutions-oriented" and propose disruptive ideas,
🎬 Working at MaiaSpace
You will be joining a friendly multi-disciplinary team, comprised of multi-skilled people, following Agile and Scrum methodologies. This means that your role and responsibility may evolve over time with varied assignments and challenges depending on priorities and competences. Your work will be hands-on and in close contact with the final product. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and people centric. Teamwork is at the heart of how we work together and our co-workers share the same fundamental values: respect, humility, reactivity and autonomy with a passion for technical excellence. Our newly acquired office space at La Defense is located within the heart of Europe’s largest purpose built business and commercial district with easy access to public transport.
Written and spoken communication is in French and English.