Multi-Engine Bay designer (CAD/internal layout)
Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceGroup Mobility2sw51
This position is open to 18 month group mobility
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company, designing, manufacturing and operating competitive and sustainable solutions for space mobility. We are driven by the belief that access to space is a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth, addressing the challenges faced by humanity: climate, resources, connectivity, and data. Our aim is to successfully design and test a cost-effective and reusable mini-launch vehicle by 2026.
CAD designer F/H
We are looking for CAD designers to join our Main Reusable Stage Team. Our team design, manufacture and test the cryogenic reusable rocket stage and the necessary ground support equipment.
You will be in charge of CAD design of the Multi-Engine Bay.
Your tasks will be the following:
- Collect functional needs associated to individual mechanical parts and/or complex mechanical assemblies to be designed, especially for what concern internal layout (routing, accessibility…),
- Write/contribute to technical specification documents when needed
- Perform 3D CAD modelling and issue drawings of individual mechanical parts and/or complex part assemblies using CAD tools
- Follow manufacturing of parts and their integration in MaiaSpace facilities or in supplier premises and treat production anomalies with necessary analysis (pre-sizing, collect of expertise…)
- Perform pre-sizing of parts and write the necessary technical documentation (sizing documents, user manuals)
- Manage interfaces and ensure their consistency with the detailled design (internal or external to the vehicle) or by issuing and controlling interface specifications using CAD models
- Coordinate with the MaiaSpace factory staff and suppliers to include manufacturability, controllability, mountability and testability constraints in the design and release integration drawings for the shopfloors
- Manage configuration of parts and assemblies in the Product Life Management tool and implement change proposals in the design
🛸 Specific competences & abilities:
- English spoken, technical English understood
- Experience of CAD design tools (SolidWorks preferred), experience with Product Life Management Tool
- Knowledge and practice of configuration management
- Knowledge and practice of virtual reality tools
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (milling, drilling, welding…)
- Experience in mechanical pre-sizing (analytical and/or computer assisted)
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems appreciated
- Mechanical design degree (+2/3 years post-Baccalauréat)
🎬 Working at MaiaSpace
You will be joining a friendly multi-disciplinary team, comprised of multi-skilled people, following Agile and Scrum methodologies. This means that your role and responsibility may evolve over time with varied assignments and challenges depending on priorities and competences. Your work will be hands-on and in close contact with the final product. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and people centric. Teamwork is at the heart of how we work together and our co-workers share the same fundamental values: respect, humility, reactivity and autonomy with a passion for technical excellence. Our newly acquired office space at La Defense is located within the heart of Europe’s largest purpose built business and commercial district with easy access to public transport.
Written and spoken communication is in French and English.