Modelling and HIL Simulation Engineer
Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceGroup Mobility4wbsf
This position is open to a 24 month internal mobility
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company, designing, manufacturing and operating competitive and sustainable solutions for space mobility. We are driven by the belief that access to space is a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth, addressing the challenges faced by humanity: climate, resources, connectivity, and data. Our aim is to successfully design and test a cost-effective and reusable mini-launch vehicle by 2026.
Modelling and HIL Simulation Engineer
We are looking for a Modeling and HITL Simulation Engineer to join one of our team in charge of the development of Avionics and EGSE (Electrical Ground Support Equipment).
In this team, you will be in charge of the development and the validation of various models/simulators, control loops and the Hardware in the Loop platform.
Your tasks will be the following:
- Within the Avionics & EGSE team, contribute to:
- Roadmap updates of the HITL platform and the Software Factory, which includes, among other things, models and simulators
- Overall simulation and HITL platforms architecture and detailed definition
- Concept of operations for the simulators, HITL platform and Software Factory
- Interface definition for the various Software Factory and HITL building blocks, the flight software, the avionics and EGSE
- Modeling and HIL Simulation development and validation: -Conduct and carry out the development of models of physical systems, avionics and EGSE -Contribute to the development and the validation of simulators and Hardware in the Loop (HITL) platforms
- As part of MaiaSpace iterative and experimental approach, contribute to the launcher avionics, stages and engines demonstrations
- When needed, identify suppliers capable of providing Software Factory and HITL building blocks or services and select them based on cost, planning quality and performance criteria
- Follow development of Software Factory and HITL building blocks or services made by suppliers to ensure on time, on cost, on quality delivery
- Launcher and demonstration operational support
- Within our DevOps approach, the Avionics team will support the AIT and operational teams and will participate with them to the tests and launch campaigns.
- Team spirit, sharing and solidarity
- Curiosity, Adaptation
- Rigor and precision
🛸 Preferred skills and experience:
• Knowledge and hands-on experience in designing and justifying models, simulators and control systems based on Matlab/Simulink, Python, SciLab, etc.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience in designing and operating HITL platforms based on dSpace, OPAL RT, SpeedGoat, etc.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience in software development: C/C++, Python, etc.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience in using CI/CD, unit testing and Monte Carlo tools: Git, GitLab, Jenkins, etc..
• Ability to quickly protype simple models, simulators and embedded software
• Knowledge in some usual automotive, avionics and space standards: ECSS, CCSDS, DO-xxx, ARINC, IENA, ISO 26262, etc.
• Knowledge in project management (planning management, quality management, etc.)
• Engineering degree ideally specialized in aerospace, physics modeling/simulation, control and automation systems, automotive, embedded system, etc.
• 2+ years professional experience minimum
🎬 Working at MaiaSpace
You will be joining a friendly multi-disciplinary team, comprised of multi-skilled people, following Agile and Scrum methodologies. This means that your role and responsibility may evolve over time with varied assignments and challenges depending on priorities and competences. Your work will be hands-on and in close contact with the final product. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and people centric. Teamwork is at the heart of how we work together and our co-workers share the same fundamental values: respect, humility, reactivity and autonomy with a passion for technical excellence. Our newly acquired office space at La Defense is located within the heart of Europe’s largest purpose built business and commercial district with easy access to public transport.
Written and spoken communication is in French and English.
📢 We're hiring ! Check out our LinkedIn jobs page. ✨