Mechanical Senior engineer
Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceColibrit7koc
Description de l'offre d'emploi
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company designing, operating and commercializing space transportation solutions for small spacecrafts.
We are driven by the belief that space stands as a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth. In line with this vision, we aim at developing simple, sober and flexible solutions.
Our first and primary focus is on developing and prototyping a reusable and eco-responsible small launcher, building upon technologies and capabilities that bridge Newspace agility and Legacy space know-how thanks to MaiaSpace original identity. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and definitely people centric.
Mechanical Senior engineer
We are looking for a senior mechanical engineer to join one of our agile multi-disciplinary teams in charge of the development of MaiaSpace Colibri orbital vehicle. Colibri orbital vehicle has different roles. It will first play a kickstage role enhancing MaiaSpace performance and injection flexibility. Then, in midterm horizon, additional functionalities will be added to the vehicle to address in orbit services opportunities from which active debris removal is one of our main targets. This vehicle is at the crossroad between a launcher and a satellite. You will be in charge of Colibri mechanical development from the preliminary design to flight qualification. You will be embedded in Colibri development team. You will also work closely with mechanical engineers embedded in other teams.
Your tasks will be the following:
At Colibri vehicle level: Lead Colibri mechanical design activities from the preliminary design phase to production, testing and flight.
- Lead Colibri mechanical finite element model analysis.
- Perform mechanical justification analysis to support product development. Write necessary definition documentation and perform and/or synthesis necessary justifications to support production, architecture consistency and flight worthiness.
- Participate to Colibri validation & qualification model logic with Colibri Architect and product Owner.
- Define Colibri system and subsystem mechanical development work logics to meet performance targets (incl. mass) under planning, budget and time constraints. Write Colibri subsystem technical specifications.
- Define and monitor Colibri system and subsystem mechanical tests (static and dynamic).
- Propose innovative mechanical solutions to improve Colibri mechanical performance in term of mass, dynamic behaviour, strength, cost, and industrialisation capabilities.
- Participate in design of architecture and AIT logic
- Participate to Colibri system analysis and trade-offs
- Mentor a junior mechanical engineer.
At launcher level, participate to MaiaSpace upper part and launcher dynamic analysis.
- Participate to MaiaSpace launcher mechanical analysis. Participate to the definition of coupled Load analysis approach.
- Contribute to the management of Mass, Centre of gravity, Inertia and modal behavior of the launcher.
Pré-requis du poste
🛸 Specific competences & abilities:
- Strong knowledge and experience in finite element analysis (modal, sine, static, random and thermos elastic: 5-10 years mini.
- Strong Skills in simulation languages coding and use (Permas/Visper, hypermesh/Nastran, Python, Java, Xml, Scilab…).
- Strong experience in mechanical test preparation, monitoring and post analysis.
- English level sufficient to read and write technical documentation, to perform oral technical presentation and to interact on technical topics
- General or Mechanical engineering degree (+5 years post-Baccalaureate) ideally specialized in mechanical design
- >10 years of experience
🎬 Working at MaiaSpace
You will be joining a friendly multi-disciplinary team, comprised of multi-skilled people, following Agile and Scrum methodologies. This means that your role and responsibility may evolve over time with varied assignments and challenges depending on priorities and competences. Your work will be hands-on and in close contact with the final product. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and people centric. Teamwork is at the heart of how we work together and our co-workers share the same fundamental values: respect, humility, reactivity and autonomy with a passion for technical excellence. Our newly acquired office space at La Defense is located within the heart of Europe’s largest purpose built business and commercial district with easy access to public transport.
Written and spoken communication is in French and English.