Mechanical design engineer Lines
Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceGroup Mobilityalvb2
This position is open to 24-month group mobility
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company, designing, manufacturing and operating competitive and sustainable solutions for space mobility. We are driven by the belief that access to space is a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth, addressing the challenges faced by humanity: climate, resources, connectivity, and data. Our aim is to successfully design and test a cost-effective and reusable mini-launch vehicle by 2026.
Mechanical design engineer - Lines
We are looking for a mechanical design engineer to join our Main Reusable Stage Team. Our team design, manufacture and test the cryogenic reusable rocket stage and the necessary ground support equipment.
You will be in charge of the development of cryo lines of the stage, from preliminary design to testing and flight.
Your tasks will be the following:
- Lead mechanical design and justification activities for the product(s) your will be requested to develop from the preliminary design phase to production, testing (if relevant) and flight.
- Write product(s) technical specifications and define the product(s) development worklogics to meet performance targets (incl. mass) under planning, budget and time constraints
- Review and validate design and drawings performed by CAD designers and/or perform designs and drawings when relevant
- Perform necessary simple mechanical justification analysis to support product development
- Identify off-the-shelf products that could meet product requirements and/or identify suppliers capable of designing, manufacturing and justifying necessary product (depending on the need)
- Perform selection of off-the-shelf products or suppliers based on performance, cost, schedule and risk criteria with the support of the relevant people within MaiaSpace
- Follow product manufacturing to ensure On Time, On Cost and On Quality deliveries to MaiaSpace factory, this will include the treatment of production anomalies and regular contacts and visits to manufacturing facilities (internal or external)
- Manage activities associated with the delivery of the product engineering bill of material of your product(s) and manage the evolutions of the definition during the development
- Write necessary definition documentation and perform and/or synthesis necessary justifications to support production, architecture consistency and flight worthiness
- Provide support (ie identify limitation of use, write user manuals, treat anomalies) to:
- AIT team during stage integration in MaiaSpace factory
- Test teams during test and launch campaigns
- Contribute to the management of Mass, Centre of gravity and Inertia of the launcher
🛸 Specific competences & abilities:
- Strong knowledge and experience in mechanical design
- Knowledge in mechanical sizing (analytical and/or finite element sizing)
- Knowledge and experience in computer assisted design and definition management tools (CATIA, Solidworks…)
- Knowledge on metallic material properties and manufacturing processes (composite appreciated)
- English level sufficient to read and write technical documentation, to perform oral technical presentation and to interact on technical topics
- General or Mechanical engineering degree (+5 years post-Baccalaureate) ideally specialized in mechanical design
- 10 years of experience
🎬 Working at MaiaSpace
You will be joining a friendly multi-disciplinary team, comprised of multi-skilled people, following Agile and Scrum methodologies. This means that your role and responsibility may evolve over time with varied assignments and challenges depending on priorities and competences. Your work will be hands-on and in close contact with the final product. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and people centric. Teamwork is at the heart of how we work together and our co-workers share the same fundamental values: respect, humility, reactivity and autonomy with a passion for technical excellence. Our newly acquired office space at La Defense is located within the heart of Europe’s largest purpose built business and commercial district with easy access to public transport.
Written and spoken communication is in French and English.