Manufacturing Lead Engineer
Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceGround systemst1o8g
Description de l'offre d'emploi
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company, designing, manufacturing and operating competitive and sustainable solutions for space mobility. We are driven by the belief that access to space is a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth, addressing the challenges faced by humanity: climate, resources, connectivity, and data. Our aim is to successfully design and test a cost-effective and reusable mini-launch vehicle by 2026.
Manufacturing Lead Engineer
As part of the “Ground Systems” team, you will be in charge to develop one or more industrial subsystems related to our future Main Stage and Upper Stage Manufacturing and Assembly Process, involving different operations and processes, mechanical support equipment (MGSE) and special production machines.
You will act as an autonomous technical leader, responsible to deliver these means on Cost, on Quality, on Time, with the following duties:
- Write the high-level requirements and the preliminary technical specifications and manage bidding process to select partners and suppliers
- Be inclined to use already available solutions (COTS) as well as innovative concepts (simplification of processes, controlled risk-taking, technological breakthrough, etc.) likely to drastically reduce cycle times and ownership costs
- Optimize industrial performance of the subsystem (Production/Operation flows, non-recurring costs and recurring costs, growth potential…) in order to design the most efficient and versatile production system
- Select and manage partners and suppliers during complete equipment development from detailed design and implementation phases, up to technical and operational qualifications, including configuration, waivers and anomalies
- Contribute to the definition of MaiaSpace overall launch system, by interacting with other teams or entities (design teams, industrial network, GSE teams, launch base and launch complex), to converge to the best product-process solutions
- Contribute to the validation plan & the check-out logic
- Lead the deployment and testing phase of the ground means, and take an active part to system tests and first launch campaigns.
Pré-requis du poste
🛸 Background and Skills
- Master degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering
- 8-10 years of professional experience as technical leader or project manager of complex mechanical industrial equipment and/or manufacturing engineering
- Knowledge of welding process
- Autonomous, proactive attitude towards resolution of problems
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with people from different disciplines and cultures
- CAD skills is a plus
- Knowledge or practice of Agile methodology
🎬 Working at MaiaSpace
You will be joining a friendly multi-disciplinary team, comprised of multi-skilled people, following Agile and Scrum methodologies. This means that your role and responsibility may evolve over time with varied assignments and challenges depending on priorities and competences. Your work will be hands-on and in close contact with the final product. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and people centric. Teamwork is at the heart of how we work together and our co-workers share the same fundamental values: respect, humility, reactivity and autonomy with a passion for technical excellence. Our newly acquired office space at La Defense is located within the heart of Europe’s largest purpose built business and commercial district with easy access to public transport.
Written and spoken communication is in French and English.
📢 We're hiring ! ✨