Lead Engineer EGSE F/H
Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceAvionicsr8h3k
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company designing, operating and commercializing space transportation solutions for small spacecrafts. We are driven by the belief that space stands as a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth. In line with this vision, we aim at developing simple, sober and flexible solutions. Our first and primary focus is on developing and prototyping a reusable and eco-responsible small launcher, building upon technologies and capabilities that bridge Newspace agility and Legacy space know-how thanks to MaiaSpace original identity. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and definitely people centric.
Lead EGSE engineer
We are looking for an EGSE engineer to join one of our team in charge of the development of the Avionics and EGSE.
Validation and use of the EGSE means that will be deployed in Vernon firing tests facilities, in Kourou Launch base and on the Landing Barge.
Multidisciplinary teams in charge of prototyping, designing and testing our Avionics & Electric Ground Support Equipment system.
The teams are kept purposedly small and are composed of polyvalent people. Teamwork is at the center of how we work, and we expect our collaborators to share fundamental values: respect, solidarity, humility, passion, reactivity and autonomy.
Your tasks will be the following:
- Contribute to EGSE
- Roadmap and overall architecture, detailed definition
- Technological and SCADA/DCS tradeoff
- Interface definition with FGSE (Fluidic Ground Support Equipment) and launcher stages
- Interface definition with Vernon, Kourou and Landing Barge facilities
- EGSE development and validation
- When needed, identify suppliers capable of providing EGSE equipment or services and select them based on cost, planning, quality and performance criteria
- Follow development of EGSE equipment or services made by suppliers
As part of MaiaSpace iterative approach, provide dedicated EGSE support to the launcher stages and engines demonstrations
- Conduct the development of PoC (Proof of Concept) and prototypes around EGSE key features and technologies
- Contribute to the development and the validation of the onboard/ground Hardware In The Loop (HITL/HIL) validation platform
- Launcher and demonstration operational support
- Within our DevOps approach, the EGSE team will support the AIT and operational teams and will participate with them to the tests and launch campaigns.
Qualification & Technical Skills:
- Engineering degree ideally specialized in EGSE, 6+ years professional experience minimum in design and validation of EGSE and/or process control
- Knowledge and experience in project management (planning management, quality management, etc.)
- Ability to quickly protype simple process control and data acquisition systems
- Knowledge in designing and justifying architectures for process control and data acquisition systems
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in designing and testing complex process control systems and control loops systems like: SCADA, DCS, PLC, RTU, etc.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in test bench, data acquisition system and measurement: NI, Dewesoft, etc.
- Knowledge and experience on common Process Control Network, Fieldbuses, and data exchange standards: OPC UA, Modbus/TCP, Ethercat, IEC 61784, etc.
- Hands-on experience in programming process control and data acquisition systems: Node-Red, CoDeSys, LabView, embedded C/C++, IEC 61131, etc.
Condition of work:
- Regular trips between both locations (La Défense & Vernon) are to be expected.
- These displacements may be extended to Kourou when the time comes.
- The company allows a home office when it is compatible with your responsibilities.
Working at MaiaSpace
You will be joining a friendly multi-disciplinary team, comprised of multi-skilled people, following Agile and Scrum methodologies.
This means that your role and responsibility may evolve over time with varied assignments and challenges depending on priorities and competences. Your work will be hands-on and in close contact with the final product. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and people centric. Teamwork is at the heart of how we work together and our co-workers share the same fundamental values: respect, humility, reactivity and autonomy with a passion for technical excellence.
Our newly acquired office space at La Defense is located within the heart of Europe’s largest purpose built business and commercial district with easy access to public transport.
Written and spoken communication is in French and English.