Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceMission Management7ho1s
🚀 MaiaSpace is a European space tech company, designing, manufacturing and operating competitive and sustainable solutions for space mobility. We are driven by the belief that access to space is a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth, addressing the challenges faced by humanity: climate, resources, connectivity, and data. Our aim is to successfully design and test a cost-effective and reusable mini-launch vehicle by 2026. 🚀
Inside MaiaSpace development teams you will join the team that elaborates and optimize trajectory for our launch vehicle in 3dof and 6dof, define the GNC algorithms, elaborate the environment loads along the trajectory for the other development teams, lead the fairing and interstage products design test and AIT.
Within your multidisciplinary team you will lead guidance algorithm definition, from tool development to simulation campaigns, up to GNC integration and mission robustness analysis.
In this perimeter your responsibilities will include:
- Guidance Engineer :
- Build from the initial team effort to develop, enhance and maintain the guidance algorithms for ascent and recovery mission.
- Prototype, develop and test in house solution to cover the needs.
- Validate guidance algorithms with respect to Hardware in the Loop validation.
- Teamwork with GNC team members and Avionic team to integrate Guidance algorithms and flight management sequence in the 6-dof Loop.
- Define the objectives of validation and qualification of the launcher guidance algorithms with the other development teams and in coherence with system architects.
- Conduct simulation campaigns and their exploitation for testing, development, qualification and operation of the launcher in transitory phase and flight simulation.
- Contribution to the overall launch system definition
- Contribute to the engineering effort of your team and cross-functionally between teams, even if it involves work outside your main field of action, in order to contribute to the vehicle system synthesis.
🛸 Specific Skills:
- Proficiency in programming languages (Matlab, Simulink, C/C++, Python, Java, Xml, ...).
- Good level of English
- Team spirit, sharing and solidarity
- Curiosity, Adaptation
- Rigor and precision
- Software developer engineer, specialization in aerospace preferred.
- Level : 3-5 years’ experience in the software development tools for aerospace industry, GNC field preferred.
🎬 Working at MaiaSpace
You will be joining a friendly multi-disciplinary team, comprised of multi-skilled people, following Agile and Scrum methodologies. This means that your role and responsibility may evolve over time with varied assignments and challenges depending on priorities and competences. Your work will be hands-on and in close contact with the final product. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and people centric. Teamwork is at the heart of how we work together and our co-workers share the same fundamental values: respect, humility, reactivity and autonomy with a passion for technical excellence. Our newly acquired office space at La Defense is located within the heart of Europe’s largest purpose built business and commercial district with easy access to public transport.
Written and spoken communication is in French and English.