Ground Cryogenic process & Operations Lead engineer F/H
Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceGround systemsNewspace, agile, cryogenic, fluidic engineering, maintenance, safety, spatialup836
Description de l'offre d'emploi
🚀 About us
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company, designing, manufacturing and operating competitive and sustainable solutions for space mobility. We are driven by the belief that access to space is a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth, addressing the challenges faced by humanity: climate, resources, connectivity, and data. Our aim is to successfully design and test a cost-effective and reusable mini-launch vehicle by 2026.
Ground Cryogenic process & Operations Lead engineer
As part of the “Ground Systems” team, you are in charge to design one or more Cryogenic or conventional Fluidic Ground systems and to prepare the related operations, in close collaboration with the rest of the development teams and end-to-end Industrialization functions.
You will act as an autonomous technical leader, responsible to deliver your means on Cost, on Quality, on Time, with the following duties:
- Write the high-level requirements and the preliminary technical specifications allowing to select partners and suppliers, down to the different involved trades for the more complex systems and the equipped facilities
- Be inclined to use already available solutions (COTS) as well as innovative concepts (simplification of processes, controlled risk-taking, technological breakthrough, etc.) likely to drastically reduce time cycles and ownership costs
- Take into account analysis of Production/Operation flows, Optimization of non-recurring costs and recurring costs, growth potential… in order to design or contribute to design the most efficient systems
- Manage selected partners and suppliers all along the detailed design and implementation phases, up to technical and operational qualifications, including configuration, waivers and anomalies
- Contribute to maintain the definition of the MaiaSpace overall launch system, in particular with respect to the Ground/Board and Ground/Ground interfaces with the other means developed by the company or external entities (Vehicle, GSE, landowner, site infrastructure and networks, Launch Base and launch complex, etc.)
- Contribute to the validation plan & check-out logic
- Lead the deployment and testing phase of the ground means, and take an active part to system tests and first launch campaigns.
- Master degree or equivalent in fluid mechanics engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the field of liquid propulsion and cryogenic fluidic systems and operations (tightness checks, flushing, fueling/unloading)
- Sound knowledge of cryogenic fluids behavior and related ground means (Piping and Instrumentation Design), including PID software and CFD simulation
- Sound knowledge in material behavior (tanks and lines) in Skills
- Autonomous, proactive attitude towards problem solving and resolution
- Team player able to collaborate across disciplines
- Knowledge or experience of Agile methodologies
Pré-requis du poste
🎬 Working at MaiaSpace
You will be joining a friendly multi-disciplinary team, comprised of multi-skilled people, following Agile and Scrum methodologies. This means that your role and responsibility may evolve over time with varied assignments and challenges depending on priorities and competences. Your work will be hands-on and in close contact with the final product. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and people centric. Teamwork is at the heart of how we work together and our co-workers share the same fundamental values: respect, humility, reactivity and autonomy with a passion for technical excellence. Our newly acquired office space at La Defense is located within the heart of Europe’s largest purpose built business and commercial district with easy access to public transport.
Written and spoken communication is in French and English.
📢 We're hiring ! Check out our LinkedIn jobs page. ✨