GNC ballistic phases engineer
Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceGroup Mobilitycw594
This position is open to 6-month group mobility
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company, designing, manufacturing and operating competitive and sustainable solutions for space mobility. We are driven by the belief that access to space is a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth, addressing the challenges faced by humanity: climate, resources, connectivity, and data. Our aim is to successfully design and test a cost-effective and reusable mini-launch vehicle by 2026.
GNC ballistic phase
Inside MaiaSpace development teams you will join the team that elaborates and optimize trajectory for our launch vehicle in 3dof and 6dof, define the GNC algorithms, elaborate the environment loads along the trajectory for the other development teams, lead the fairing and interstage products design, test and AIT.
Within your multidisciplinary team you will lead mission sequential and orbital phase GC algorithm definition, from tool development to simulation campaigns, up to GNC integration and mission robustness analysis.
In this perimeter your responsibilities will include both system engineering parts:
- Contribution to macro-blocks approach
- Contribution to scenario definition for generic and specific missions (depending on customer needs): methods and tools including preliminary performance evaluation and final analysis tools
- Contribution to trade-off for Colibri actuators
And orbital control parts:
- Orbital control modes definition and algorithm design
- Contribution to orbital part of FES simulator
- Contribution to HIL implementation
- Contribution to FES and HIL validation
- Contribution to mission preparation process
- Proficiency in programming languages (Matlab, Simulink, C/C++, Python, Java, Xml, ...).
- Good level of English
- Team spirit, sharing and solidarity
- Curiosity, Adaptation
- Rigor and precision
- Generalist engineer, specialization in SCAO or GNC.
- Level : 3-5 years experience in ballistic phase GNC and mission definition.
🎬 Working at MaiaSpace
You will be joining a friendly multi-disciplinary team, comprised of multi-skilled people, following Agile and Scrum methodologies. This means that your role and responsibility may evolve over time with varied assignments and challenges depending on priorities and competences. Your work will be hands-on and in close contact with the final product. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and people centric. Teamwork is at the heart of how we work together and our co-workers share the same fundamental values: respect, humility, reactivity and autonomy with a passion for technical excellence. Our newly acquired office space at La Defense is located within the heart of Europe’s largest purpose built business and commercial district with easy access to public transport.
Written and spoken communication is in French and English.