Head of Legal, Ethics, Compliance & Data protection F/H
Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceSupport Fonctionp264k
Description de l'offre d'emploi
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company designing, operating and commercializing space transportation solutions for small spacecrafts. We are driven by the belief that space stands as a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth. Our first and primary focus is on prototyping a reusable small launcher, building upon technologies and capabilities that bridge New Space agility and Legacy Space know-how. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and definitely people centric.
Pré-requis du poste
The Head of Legal, Ethics and Compliance position will report to the CEO of MaiaSpace and can benefit from the support of ArianeGroup’s legal, compliance and data protection team on a case-by-case basis. His/her role will be to develop, formulate and coordinate the implementation of legal framework, tools and infrastructure to ensure compliance with applicable corporate regulations, Space Law procedures and commercial contract law and obligations. His/her experience and transverse competencies allow him/her to easily understand and detect potential legal issues and interact with any relevant function within the Company, as well as potential customers, institutional organizations and governmental regulators.
Finally, he/she will drive and coordinate all of Maiaspace's actions to implement the company's commitment to business ethics and compliance with applicable law.
Support the corporate governance activities and guarantee the legal compliance of the commitments made by the Company:
In particular, he/she will :
- Negotiate, draft and follow-up of all types of contracts/projects, agreements, RFPs.
- Develop legal and commercial documents relating to launch activities and any other commercial activity of the Company, including: MoUs, LoIs, launch subscription agreements, launch service agreements, purchasing agreements and associated general terms and conditions
- Provide expertise in:
- Corporate law for day-to-day operations and for any exceptional transactions
- Intellectual Property.
- Litigation and pre-litigation.
- Civil Liability.
- Ground insurance,
- Real estate.
- Develop and circulate internal policies, standards and procedures on all regulations and code of conduct and control their proper application.
On the "ethics and compliance" aspect, he/she will
- Implement the company's ethics and compliance programs in compliance with national, European and international regulations (public procurement, anti-corruption regulations, ITAR,...).
- Identify, formulate and ensure internal and external communication of the company's values and commitments on ethical issues.
- Develop and disseminate internal policies, standards and procedures on all regulations and code of conduct for all departments of the company (marketing, operations, quality, etc.).
- Monitor and control their proper applications.
Finally, as Data Protection Officer, he/she will ensure that MaiaSpace processes the personal data of its staff, customers, providers or any other individuals in compliance with the applicable data protection rules.
- Law degree from reputed university (Business law, International Trade a plus) or equivalent experience
- 10+ years preferably in space or similar complex and constrained industry (e.g., construction, automotive, utilities, aeronautic).
- Transverse (corporate, commercial, financial) competencies, flexibility, ability to multitask and work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
- Proven negotiation skills and solution-oriented mindset
- Proven self-starter, pragmatic and results driven, attention to details while capable of providing a holistic view / end-to-end solutions
- Ability to combine strategic thinking and operational implementation, providing a holistic view / end-to-end solutions
- Interest and good understanding of technical and industrial topics
- Strong written (including contract/legal drafting) and oral communication skills in English and French
- Significant experience in international and multicultural working environments
- Exposure to Technology / Protection of corporate assets
- Knowledge of space industry / space law will be a plus
Working at MaiaSpace
Company and team organization follows the Agile and Scrum approach (SAFE framework). The
Company has offices in Paris and industrial/test facilities in Vernon (Normandie). Business travels
are common between those locations, as well as to Kourou, French Guyana, at a later stage.
Telework is OK for most of our positions. Working language are English and/or French.