Avionics System Engineer F/H
Paris - La Défense, Île-de-FranceAvionics & EGSEs994u
Description de l'offre d'emploi
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company designing, operating and commercializing space transportation solutions for small spacecrafts.
We are driven by the belief that space stands as a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth. In line with this vision, we aim at developing simple, sober and flexible solutions.
Our first and primary focus is on developing and prototyping a reusable and eco-responsible small launcher, building upon technologies and capabilities that bridge Newspace agility and Legacy space know-how thanks to MaiaSpace original identity. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and definitely people centric.
Avionics System Engineer
We are looking for an Avionics System Engineer to join one of our team in charge of the development of Avionics and EGSE. In this team, you will be in charge of the definition, development and the validation of the launcher avionics system, subsystems and functional chains.
Your tasks will be the following:
- Contribute to Avionics System:
- Development and production roadmaps
- Technological, equipment, functional chains and subsystems tradeoffs,
- Avionics System definition, development and validation:
- Concept of operations for the complete life-cycle
- Overall launcher and stages architecture and detailed definition of Avionics system and subsystems
- Represent the avionics system throughout all stages of design, integration, from production and test all the way through launch and refurbishment
- Definition of various avionics functional chains: Launch System Management; Trajectory, Attitude Control & Thrust management; Fluidic Storage & Distribution; Electrical Storage & Distribution; Data Handling; Safety
- Perform design and manufacturing assessments of new designs and drive optimization for manufacturability, quality, and cost
- Interface definition with other systems, subsystems and harness definition
- Work collaboratively with other teams to define the scope of development projects and initial product requirements as new designs move from concept, through prototype, and into production
- Define validation plans and carry out validation of avionics subsystems and functional chains on the various MaiaSpace test platforms (i.e., HITL) and demonstrators
- Launcher and demonstration operational support
- Within our DevOps approach, the Avionics team will support the AIT and operational teams and will participate with them to the tests and launch campaigns
Pré-requis du poste
- Preferred skills and experience:
- Knowledge in specifying avionics system, subsystem and functional chains
- Knowledge in designing and justifying architectures for avionics system and subsystem
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in designing and testing avionics functional chains
- Expertise and hands-on experience in one or more technological aeras of the avionics functional chains: measurement/data acquisition and/or power electronics and/or embedded computing and/or flight control actuators and/or navigation and/or etc.
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together with the ability to assess risk and make design and development decisions without all available data
- Experience installing and troubleshooting various electronics sensors and components.
- Competence with electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)
- Software fluency, enabling automation of test or analysis tasks and manipulation of large data sets
- Knowledge in some usual automotive, avionics and space standards: ECSS, CCSDS, DO-xxx, ARINC, IENA, ISO 26262, etc...
- Knowledge and experience in project management (planning management, quality management, etc.)
- Engineering degree ideally specialized in aerospace, automotive engineering, embedded system, etc.
- 5/7+ years professional experience minimum
Working for MaiaSpace
- You will be joining one of the multidisciplinary teams in charge of prototyping, designing and testing our Avionics & Electric Ground Support Equipment system.
- Our way of working follows Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- The teams are kept purposedly small and are composed of polyvalent people. This implies that your responsibility may evolve depending on the priorities and your own competences.
- Teamwork is at the center of how we work, and we expect our collaborators to share fundamental values: respect, solidarity, humility, passion, reactivity and autonomy.
- The Company has offices and Avionics Hardware in the Loop facilities in Paris.
- The factory and firing test facilities are at Vernon (Normandie).
- Regular trips between both locations are to be expected.
- These displacements may be extended to Kourou when the time comes. The company allows a home office when it is compatible with your responsibilities.
- Professional communication is done either in French or English.